Saturday, 10 August 2013

Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting


Ingredients

Serves 2

1/4 cup (70g) low fat cream cheese
1/4 cup (70g) fage 0% greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sweetener

1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth.

2. Cover and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes

3. When adding this to a cake or mug cake make sure your cake is completely cool before covering it with the frosting.

4. I covered my chocolate mug cake in the frosting and it was delicious! The whole cake pictured comes in at only 193 calories and contains 34g of protein! The recipe for my mug cake can be found here Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe.

5. For anyone worried about it tasting 'cheesy' I promise you that once you add the sweetener and vanilla extract it just tastes like vanilla yoghurt, you could leave the cream cheese out and add double of the yoghurt but it wouldn't be thick enough to spread.

54 calories per serving of frosting | 1.8g fat | 0.0g sat fat | 2.6g carbs | 6.8g protein.



Follow me on Instagram: @melfyx

2 comments:

  1. I really had a great time stopping by your site, it gives me a lot of information. You can also visit my site, thank you!

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete

Melfy Cooks Healthy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino